Or Nue Instruction Booklet (Posted November 2017)
Sally Chapman has written a 12 page booklet on the technique of Or Nue. The first print run sold out quickly at the The Goldwork Guild exhibition, so we have had a further print run done and are pleased to offer the booklet for £2 plus P&P.
P&P Costs are as follows: UK-£0.90 Europe-£1.80 International: £2.50
Please send your remittance to Nina Broderick (details on the Contact Us page). If you wish to pay by Paypal please contact Nina for further details.
Latest magazine (Posted November 2017)
The latest magazine (Issue 11 - November 2017) should be landing on member's doorsteps within the next week or so! For details of the articles in the magazine, please see the magazine section at the bottom of this page.
Goldwork 'Leaf' Challenge - Winners Announced(Posted July 2017)
Thank you all for the wonderful pieces that we received. We have 22 pieces in total and these have been judged.
1st Wendy Rosier
2nd Eira Steggles
3rd Rosemary Gadd
The judges comments were as follows:-
"It was very interesting to judge and the following are my views.
• One looked for goldwork threads that contrasted well and complimented one another.
• The junction of the leaf and stem was often weak in many cases. It should be an extension of the leaf and not a ‘tail’.
• The edging of the leaf could have been a stronger statement......or nothing at all, the edge being part of the embroidery.
• The use of gold threads only, was a stronger statement.
• The best work followed the direction of veins and stem.
• Shapes, along with insects and animal features did not add to the whole design. It was just a simple leaf.....it did not require experimental extra’s.
• Colour rarely added anything to the final design.
• There was a temptation to turn a number of them into ‘an image of a sparrow’ when looking at them.
• There was a very interesting set of work from some people used to working in the same room as other goldworkers, but in many cases the work showed a lack of use of basic design.
I have enjoyed studying this group of leaves and have learnt a lot myself, from how people approached the challenge. The cleverest person is one who uses different threads of gold thread and as many different methods of using it.".
Wendy Rosier's Leaf
Rosemary Gadd's Leaf
Latest magazine (Posted April 2017)
The latest magazine (Issue 10 - April 2017) should be landing on member's doorsteps within the next week or so! For details of the articles in the magazine, please see the magazine section at the bottom of this page.
A5 Partwork List now avaiable (Posted February 2017)
A PDF detailing all the A5 partworks is now available at the bottom of this page. Any queries please get in touch with Nina.
Goldwork Exhibits Wanted for 2017 Exhibition (Posted November 2016)
Would you like to display your Goldwork in our forthcoming exhibition at "Nature in Art"? At the exhibition, we will be showing goldwork pieces from Goldwork collections along with the beautiful goldwork we do today. Please contact 'TC' for further details.
Photo from Members Day - 2017 - "Or Nue Pheasant"
Photos from The Goldwork Guild Exhibition at Berkeley Castle, 2014